Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Double-U

So this weekend was Hillsboro Roubaix. Great race, I did it last year and did not do so well so I wanted to come back and get a good result. It was Bennett Chad B. and I at the start.

Our plan was for me to cover big moves the first lap and have Chad a Bennett sit back. The first lap went by and Chad crashed but managed to get back on. About half way trough the second lap I had a little mechnical issue with my front wheel and stoped to fix it. It could not have come at a worse time either as the feild was at full bore at the time. I chased HARD for a few miles and got close only to see texas roadhouse at the front bringing back two riders. I made it really close but by the time I got the the cobble section the feild was gone!

Chad B. ended up getting across to the move and scored a nice 2nd place,Bennett managed 4th in the feild and was top 15.

SUNDAY was a better day scoring my first win on the season. I planned on going to the marion race in Indy on sunday but the weather looked really bad so Chad, Bennett, Christy and I headed over to Ohio for the Hueston Woods RR where we met up with Marco. It ended up being an awesome day for racing, clear skys close to 70.

On the first on the 8 laps Bennett took a nice solo move and stayed away for 40 miles! he had his gap up to 2:30 at one point, WOW. We ended up realing him in at 45 miles in and nothing big happened after that. Te four of us kept the feild together and with a half a lap to go Chad and bennett kept the pace up for the finish. I jumped at the bottom of the hill and got a big gap on the feild taking the win with marco in 4th.

4 comments:

Cruise said...

Nice, I wanted to do that RR in Ohio on Sunday, but couldn't get anyone to drive down there with me... You racing the OH RR this Saturday?

KW said...

Congrats on the win Ben! Did you fuel yourself with corncakes again on Sunday morning? :)
It was great seeing you and Christy on Saturday!

Kroske said...

Great job Ben.

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

keep up the good work! TMS is proud!